Frequently Asked Questions – Data Users
1. What types of data does Datonics collect?
We collect consumer data, particularly purchase-intent, search, life – stage and demographic.
2. Where does Datonics data come from?
We collect data from general/vertical search sites, comparison shopping engines, product review sites, product specific blogs, and other owners of commercially-relevant consumer data.
3. What countries does the data come from?
95% of our users are based in the US with the remainder in UK and Canada.
Data Collection and Storage
1. Is the data verified?
Yes. We have an automated keyword based taxonomy that uses proprietary data algorithms. We also do manual data verification via our data lab.
2. Does Datonics collect personally identifiable information?
No. We collect only commercially monetizable data such as “keyword” and “category” data.
1. How many unique users does Datonics have?
We have signed agreements for well over 100 million unique monthly users.
2. How many segments does Datonics offer?
We have 400+ prepackaged segments and an unlimited number of custom keyword-driven segments.
3. Where in the purchase funnel does Datonics’ capabilities/targeting fall?
Our data is used for direct response and branding campaigns so our targeting capabilities work throughout the purchase funnel.
4. How does Datonics price its data?
We have various models. Please contact us for more information.
5. Where can I access Datonics data?
We are integrated with the majority of the leading ad networks, demand/supply side platforms and ad exchanges. To integrate directly, please contact us for more information.
1. What privacy protections does Datonics take during the collection and delivery process?
We take privacy very seriously and are a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). We do not collect personally identifiable information (PII) nor do we merge or permit others to merge our data with PII. We do not collect any information that relates to adult, gambling, or sensitive health matters.
Please see more information under our Privacy Center.